School Counseling

Meet our school counseling team and learn about our school counseling services

Looking for help?

Looking for help with your child and are not sure whom to talk to?  Someone from our School Counseling team can Help!

School Counselors

School Counselors work with students, school staff, and parents to help students gain school success and social/emotional development. Call us with questions like:

  • School Achievement: How is my child doing in school? What can we do to help her/him do better?
  • Peer Relationships: What can I do to help my child with their peer relationships?
  • Guidance: What do I do? (My child is: not eating, sad, having trouble with friends, feeling worried…)
  • Change and Transitions:  What can I expect after a change/transition such as moving, financial status, death, divorce, etc?

Or if you need help and you are not sure who to call.  Contact us and we will help you get to the right person!


Brookfield Counselors

School Social Worker

The School Social Worker works with parents, students, teachers, and families to connect with resources within the community. Your school social worker also supports students’ social and emotional well-being during the school day. 

Call me with concerns regarding: 

  • Food, clothing, shelter
  • Resources to assist with rent or utilities 
  • Parenting tips/strategies
  • Counseling resources
  • Homebound Services

Our School Social Worker

School Psychology Services

  • School psychologists are mental health specialists with knowledge of child development, the psychology of learning, behavior management and intervention, monitoring the progress of students, and program evaluation. School psychologists apply this knowledge using a problem-solving approach to help bring about positive changes in the learning environment, attitude, and motivation. Services offered by the school psychologist may be provided directly to the student or indirectly by working with teachers, parents, and other care givers; however, all services provided by the school psychologist are intended to enhance the academic and social emotional success of students. Minimum requirements to be a school psychologist include a 60-hour master's degree program and a one-year full-time internship; many FCPS school psychologists hold doctoral degrees.

Our School Psychologist

You can also contact . . . 

  • Parent Liaison: Are you a parent who wants some help?  Talk to our Parent Liaisons!
  • Technology Help: Having computer issues? Click here to learn about some of the help FCPS has for parents and technology.