Bell Schedule and School Hours
Headstart, K - 6 Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8:10 a.m. - 2:55 p.m. (Students can begin entering the building at 7:55 a.m.)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Emergency School Closing, Delayed Opening, or Early Dismissal
In the event of an emergency, such as extreme heat, cold or snow, the Division Superintendent may decide to:
- Close schools for the day
- Open schools two hours late
- Close schools two hours early.
All emergency closings and delayed openings shall be announced in the following ways:
- Listed on the Fairfax County Public Schools website: www.fcps.edu.
- Sent by electronic mail (e-mail).
- Carried on the division’s public access channel, Cox Cable Channel 21.
- Closings and delayed openings are provided to local radio and television stations no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Early closings are provided to local stations no later than 10:30 a.m.
- All schools shall be closed for the day.
- Extracurricular activities, interscholastic contests, team practices, field trips, adult and community education classes, and recreation programs in school and on school grounds are canceled.
- All offices are open unless the closing of offices is specified.
Two-Hour Delayed Opening Schedule
- Students shall report two hours later than their regular schedule. (10:10 p.m. - 2:55 p.m.)
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- With any delayed opening, the buses will arrive to pick up the students two hours later than the regularly scheduled time.
Two-Hour Early Dismissal
- All students shall be dismissed two hours early.
- Students in grades K-6 will be dismissed two hours early. (8:10 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.)
- Field trips are canceled.