2020 – 2021 Curbside Library Book Circulation
During the 2020 – 2021 school year, the library is offering curbside circulation only. We will select books for Grades K-2. Students in Grades 3-6 must place holds using our online catalog. We will add to those holds books that support the curriculum.
Curbside library book pick-up will happen on select Mondays from 11:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. To find out the exact Monday dates. You can:
- Read Brookfield's News You Choose
- Follow us on Twitter @BKESlibrary
- Check the calendar on Brookfield's webpage
- Look at your child's Library Google Classroom main page
Books can be returned when you get your new ones at curbside pick-up or in the Library return bin at the school's main entrance on any day with no rain or snow.
Frequently asked questions
How will I know when the book I placed on hold is ready for pick-up?
- An email will be sent to both the student's fcpsschools.net address and the enrolling parent when the book is ready for pick-up. Please read the entire email for details.
I placed a book on hold, but I haven't received a notice about it yet. Why is it not ready for me?
- Another student may still have the book.
- The book may be in quarantine.
- You may not be first in line to get the book.
- The book may be missing.
My child is in Grades K-2 and would prefer different books than the ones selected. Can I place holds for them?
- Absolutely! You can log into the library online catalog at the link below using the child's FCPS ID and password.
- Select the blue bar that reads "Fairfax County Public Schools" to log in.
- You must log in to be able to place a hold.
- Please watch the short video below to get full details on how to use the online catalog.
My family's plan is to return to school when it opens. Do I still need to pick up books at Curbside?
- No. Once your child has returned to the school building, library books will be delivered to them in the classroom.
I'm concerned about the safety of picking up library books during the COVID-19 pandemic. Are any safety measures being taken?
- Once library books are returned, they are quarantined for at least seven days before being made available again.
Library Quest - Please return books!
Because of our sudden closure in March 2020, we are still missing almost 700 books. Please look around your house for library books and bring back what you can find. Thanks for your help!!
If you have any questions, please email Cathy Wilson at @email.
Brookfield Broncos are READERS!
Our library supports a fabulous, diverse bunch of children! Here is the information you need to know to use our library.
You may check out library materials for three weeks.
To log in to the online catalog called 'Destiny," use the username and password you use to login to your FCPS laptop.
You can have:
- Playaways (audiobooks)
- Electronic books
You are expected to take good care of your library materials and return them on time. If you'd like to keep something longer than three weeks, please bring it into the library, and we will renew it for you unless someone has placed a hold on it.
Please be mindful that popular books usually can't be renewed.
How many books can you check out from the library at a time?
|# of Books|