School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
- Brookfield Elementary
- Region 5
- Ellen Mukai, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 1
By June 2021, 100% of students in grades K-6 will meet benchmark and/or make one year’s growth as measured by at least one of the following: DRA WA, WIDA, DRA2 PM, and/or Research-based literacy program.
- Students will participate in Tier 1 reading instruction using the Reading and Writing workshop model.
- Brookfield’s MTSS process will allow teachers to identify students who need Tier 2 and Tier 3 support and create interventions as needed.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 2
By June 2021, Brookfield ES will improve communications with families as measured by the Student Success dimension score on the Family Engagement survey (increasing by 5 percentage points from 73% to 78% of families agreeing)
- Consistent and frequent parent communication related to student learning and student success.
- Provide opportunities for parents/guardians to communicate with the school.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome 3
By June 2021, students identified as Black will increase access to rigorous curriculum as measured by a reduction of at least 2 points in the Risk Ratio data report.
- Brookfield will adopt culturally responsive best practices to support the social and emotional development of students.
- Brookfield will increase access to rigorous academic and leadership experiences for underrepresented groups of students.